Christmas Brain Breaks
Let’s face it. The month of December is TOUGH in the classroom. Children have trouble listening and focusing. Teachers get frazzled. I’ve found that Christmas brain breaks are the secret to getting through til Christmas break!
These videos and activities make the perfect break for tired learners (and tired teachers). They’re fun and engaging, and they let children get their wiggles out in an acceptable way. Try out these Christmas brain breaks and see if they transform December in your classroom!
We’ll start with some fun Christmas videos you can use to get your kiddos moving. Then, I’ve got some FREE printable Christmas Brain Break cards to share with you!
Silly Christmas Brain Breaks
There are so many fun Christmas songs on Youtube. Add in motions or actions, and you have the perfect brain break for December.
The following videos are just plain silly. And what preschool or primary student doesn’t LOVE silly stuff? You’ll be laughing along with your little learners as you sing these songs!
Boom Chicka Boom Christmas | The Learning Station
Santa Shark | Super Simple Songs
Reindeer Hokey Pokey | The Kiboomers
Silly Santa| Maple Leaf Learning
S-A-N-T-A | Super Simple Songs
We’re Going on a Santa Hunt | The Kiboomers
Christmas Freeze Dance | The Kiboomers
Educational Christmas Brain Breaks
The next set of songs are still fun, but they’re also educational. Use these brain breaks to keep the learning going while giving kids a movement break!
Alphabet Christmas | Bounce Patrol
Count to 100 with Santa | Superhero Sing Along Songs
Christmas Yoga for Kids
Cosmic Kids Christmas Yoga | Cosmic Kids
My class LOVES Yoga. It’s fun, but it also calms them and promotes mindfulness. We discovered Cosmic Kids Yoga and can’t get enough of these fun videos!
Joybob the Polar Bear | Cosmic Kids
Christmas Brain Break Cards
These FREE printable Christmas brain break cards are always a class favorite. Each card features an action for children to carry out using a Christmas themed object as inspiration. For example, CRINKLE like wrapping paper, CHUCKLE like Santa, or RUN like a gingerbread man.
There are a few different ways to use these cards. Here are some ideas:
- Place the cards in a mini Christmas gift bag, and have students reach in and select one card. Then have the class act it out to get their wiggles out.
- Laminate the cards and place them on a ring clip. Flip through and find an action for children to do.
- Shuffle the Christmas Brain Break cards and pass them out to the class. Have each child act out their card and let their classmates guess what they’re doing–like a game of Christmas charades.
Want these free printable Christmas brain breaks? You can find them in my FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY. Sign up here!
More Brain Breaks You’ll Love
- If you like these Christmas Brain Breaks, be sure to grab these EASTER BRAIN BREAKS, too!
- These Alphabet Action cards are a favorite circle time activity for my little learners.
[…] FREE Printable Christmas Charades […]