If you’re anything like me, your summer days can run together and be less than productive. I have grand plans of accomplishing ALL THE THINGS when school gets out. Yet, I find myself accomplishing very few of them. Last summer, I decided to really think and plan for a great summer. Was it perfect? Of course not. But this plan worked for me and my family and helped us get more out of our summer! Along the way, I came up with 5 Summer Organization Tips for Busy Families. Here are my tips.
Summer Organization Tips for Busy Families
Tip 1: MAKE A PLAN, and put it in writing.
Do you have to stick to that plan 100%? NO. In fact, I encourage you NOT TO stick to it 100%. It isn’t truly summer if you don’t leave room for some spontaneous activities. However, if you at least make a plan, you’re sure to accomplish several things you need to accomplish.
Tip 2: Give your children some responsibility.
Since they aren’t busy with homework, children have some extra time to help out. Introduce them to some new chores they haven’t learned yet. Make a checklist of jobs they need to accomplish each day. Offer rewards like screen time only if they demonstrate responsibility.
Tip 3: Stick to a Schedule.
I personally seem to always fall for the stay up half the night, sleep half the day mentality of summer break. But, sticking with a regular schedule of waking up at a decent time and going to bed at a regular time can actually increase your productivity exponentially in the summer.
Tip 4: Practice self-care.
You won’t be motivated to accomplish your goals over the summer unless you pour into yourself a bit. Take time out for a pedicure or to read a new book. Spend some time lying out in the sun, and enjoy a guilt-free nap. Get a babysitter if you need a few hours to focus. And DON’T FEEL GUILTY!
Tip 5: Make a (reasonable) Summer Bucket List.
Make a list of things you want to see, do, or accomplish over the summer. Be sure it’s a reasonable list. If time or money won’t allow it, it’s probably best not to include it! Have your kids do the same thing. Then, get together as a family and work on a Family Bucket List. Schedule those activities over the course of the summer, and see how many you can accomplish together.
A Summer Organization Binder for Busy Families
It’s easier said than done to schedule these things in for the summer. When I couldn’t find exactly what I wanted to use to organize my family, I decided to CREATE something instead. This Summer Binder was created with lots of love and creativity, and I hope it will inspire your family to make this the best summer ever as well! Let me give you a peek at what all is inside!
- June, July, and August 2019 Calendars
- June, July, and August National Wacky Holidays (just for fun! ☺)
- List-Making and Brainstorming Pages (Must Read, Binge Watch, Shopaholic, Let’s Jet, Get Cookin, Memories to Make, Get Creative, Bloggers Gonna Blog, Just do it)
- Meal Planning and Grocery List Page
- Weekly Planning Pages with space for Goals, Events & Appointments, To Do List, and Notes
- Daily Planning Page for Each Day of the Week or a General Daily Planning Page (with space for Fun Stuff, Self-Care, Health, Household, and Professional Growth)
- Summer Bucket List Brainstorming Page
- 55 Funny, Motivating, or Inspiring Quotes to help you face each day with a smile
- A page to display 5 quotes you want to focus on at a time
- Divider pages for each section of your notebook
- A Cover Page
Included are 55 funny, inspiring, and motivating quotes to help you face each day with a smile!
Are you ready for an EPIC summer that’s productive, fun, and organized? Grab your Summer Planner HERE.
Pin this post for later!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to my newsletter and get access to a FREE resource library!