If you’re anything like me, your summer days can run together and be less than productive. I have grand plans of accomplishing ALL THE THINGS when school gets out. Yet, I find myself accomplishing very few of them. Last summer, I decided to really think and plan for a great summer. Was it perfect? Of course not. But this plan worked for me and my family and helped us get more out of our summer! Along the way, I came up with 5 Summer Organization Tips for Busy Families. Here are my tips.
Summer Organization Tips for Busy Families
Tip 1: MAKE A PLAN, and put it in writing.
Do you have to stick to that plan 100%? NO. In fact, I encourage you NOT TO stick to it 100%. It isn’t truly summer if you don’t leave room for some spontaneous activities. However, if you at least make a plan, you’re sure to accomplish several things you need to accomplish.
Tip 2: Give your children some responsibility.
Since they aren’t busy with homework, children have some extra time to help out. Introduce them to some new chores they haven’t learned yet. Make a checklist of jobs they need to accomplish each day. Offer rewards like screen time only if they demonstrate responsibility.
Tip 3: Stick to a Schedule.
I personally seem to always fall for the stay up half the night, sleep half the day mentality of summer break. But, sticking with a regular schedule of waking up at a decent time and going to bed at a regular time can actually increase your productivity exponentially in the summer.
Tip 4: Practice self-care.
You won’t be motivated to accomplish your goals over the summer unless you pour into yourself a bit. Take time out for a pedicure or to read a new book. Spend some time lying out in the sun, and enjoy a guilt-free nap. Get a babysitter if you need a few hours to focus. And DON’T FEEL GUILTY!
Tip 5: Make a (reasonable) Summer Bucket List.
Make a list of things you want to see, do, or accomplish over the summer. Be sure it’s a reasonable list. If time or money won’t allow it, it’s probably best not to include it! Have your kids do the same thing. Then, get together as a family and work on a Family Bucket List. Schedule those activities over the course of the summer, and see how many you can accomplish together.
A Summer Organization Binder for Busy Families
It’s easier said than done to schedule these things in for the summer. When I couldn’t find exactly what I wanted to use to organize my family, I decided to CREATE something instead. This Summer Binder was created with lots of love and creativity, and I hope it will inspire your family to make this the best summer ever as well! Let me give you a peek at what all is inside!
- June, July, and August 2019 Calendars
- June, July, and August National Wacky Holidays (just for fun! ☺)
- List-Making and Brainstorming Pages (Must Read, Binge Watch, Shopaholic, Let’s Jet, Get Cookin, Memories to Make, Get Creative, Bloggers Gonna Blog, Just do it)
- Meal Planning and Grocery List Page
- Weekly Planning Pages with space for Goals, Events & Appointments, To Do List, and Notes
- Daily Planning Page for Each Day of the Week or a General Daily Planning Page (with space for Fun Stuff, Self-Care, Health, Household, and Professional Growth)
- Summer Bucket List Brainstorming Page
- 55 Funny, Motivating, or Inspiring Quotes to help you face each day with a smile
- A page to display 5 quotes you want to focus on at a time
- Divider pages for each section of your notebook
- A Cover Page
Included are 55 funny, inspiring, and motivating quotes to help you face each day with a smile!
Are you ready for an EPIC summer that’s productive, fun, and organized? Grab your Summer Planner HERE.
Pin this post for later!