Professional Development for Preschool Teachers
If you’re anything like me, you realize it’s incredibly expensive to attend some professional development workshops. By the time you pay for a hotel, conference registration, and take time off work, you’re flat broke! It’s also pretty common for professional development opportunities to seem impractical or irrelevant to your current position. What if I told you there’s an affordable, relevant source for professional development for preschool teachers that you can complete at home…in your PJ’s? #yesplease
Childcare Education Institute
I’ve partnered with ChildCare Education Institute, the industry leader in online professional development, to bring you information about their professional development opportunities for preschool teachers, daycare teachers, after school programs, and more! Their programs are also great for Pre-K principals and daycare administrators or owners to meet certification and continuing education requirements. I just completed my first course, CCEI122: Active Learning in Early Childhood Education, and I was honestly impressed by the content and the format of the course. It was convenient and easy to complete, and I truly learned a great deal!
This entire experience with ChildCare Education Institute exceeded my expectations. It was easy to sign up and register for courses. Navigating the course was easy, and the information presented was so relevant to my career. I can’t recommend CCEI enough for your professional development credits. And to think, you can complete your lessons at home in your pajamas! Plus, when you see the number and variety of courses they offer, I think you’ll be AMAZED! Keep reading to learn more about my personal experience with ChildCare Education Institute!
Active Learning in Early Childhood Education
I wanted to share a few of my “take-aways” and “aha moments” from the course:
- Children 8 years old and under do not have the cognitive abilities or developmental needs to engage heavily in rote learning. (While I knew this was true for the little ones I teach, I didn’t realize this extended all the way up to age 8. Just think of how much memorization and rote learning we’re expecting of our first and second graders!)
- The more senses involved, the greater the impression new knowledge makes on the brain. Think back to your college days learning about Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences…it all makes sense! <—- See what I did there! 😉
- In ECE, movement is essential to the neural stimulation necessary for healthy brain development.
- Sitting for more than 10 minutes at a time reduces concentration and increases fatigue! TEACHERS, DID YOU READ THAT?? Take note!
- Cross-lateral movements heighten cognitive function. Yes, Brain Gym is still a GREAT thing!
The content was easy to navigate through, and the information was concise yet informative. There were even photos and case studies to drive home important points. At the end of the course, I took a short online assessment which I felt completely prepared for because of how informative the entire course had been. The course handouts I printed and took notes on were a big help with the assessment as well! Finally, upon successfully completing the course and assessment, I received a certificate of completion to turn in to my administrator. #Easiest PD EVER!
Other Courses by CCEI
I’ll be spending the next year working my way through the courses CCEI offers, and I honestly can’t wait to learn all I can about Preschool and Pre-K learners. Early learning is a passion of mine, and I’d love to become an expert in all things Pre-K. Here are just a few of the courses I’m planning to take through CCEI’s convenient online platform:
Authentic Assessment in Early Care and Education
Building Literacy Through Nursery Rhymes and Children’s Poetry
Critical Thinking Skills in the Preschool Environment
Mathematical Talk and Play
Rainbows and Rembrandts: Enhancing Art in the Preschool Classroom
The Child’s Digital Universe: Technology and Digital Media in Early Childhood
….and more! There are really too many courses to list (hundreds!) and they range from birth through school age. Something for EVERYONE!
More about Childcare Education Institute
ChildCare Education Institute® provides high-quality, online training courses and programs, applicable to those who work in an array of child care settings, including center-based care, Head Start, family child care, prekindergarten classrooms, after school environments and more. Over 150 English and Spanish training courses are available to meet licensing, recognition program, and Head Start Requirements. CCEI also has online certification programs that provide the coursework requirement for national credentials including the CDA, Director and Early Childhood Credentials. CCEI, a Council for Professional Recognition CDA Gold Standard™ training provider, is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and is accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
- 99 percent of students say they would recommend CCEI to others
- Over 4.4 million online course hours completed
- Graduated over 12,000 early childhood professionals from CDA and other certificate programs
- Web-based coursework, available 24/7/365
- 30 hours of new content added each year
- IACET CEUs awarded for completed coursework at no additional cost
And if you’re a Georgia Pre-K teacher like me, many of their courses are approved for Bright From the Start Credit! (YAY!)
What are you waiting for? Go check out CCEI today and get started becoming an expert in your field!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to my newsletter and get access to a FREE resource library!